The School of the Free Mind classroom:
- centers people of color, queer, and indigenous voices and experiences,
- offers a holistic approach to creating children’s books,
- includes the six courses below,
- allows for an independent study focus to accommodate your life, and
- provides additional support materials to help you navigate and use the materials to effect relevant change in your life and your community through the book making process and beyond.
Classroom Access includes:
Our Courses focus on three areas as part of our holistic approach:
Skills & Action, Beliefs & Intention, and Radical Self-Love
Read more about the three areas and approach.
Read more about the included courses:
fostering a publishing revolution from within
An immersive course for those who want to create powerful books for kids while simultaneously coming more fully into your own power as storyteller and artist.
a foundational support structure to produce and publish your children's picture book.
You may be starting your own press. You may be publishing a book to showcase your work as a step toward traditional publishing. Or perhaps this is an experimental run for you or part of a traditional submission process. All excellent reasons to take action!
Real change starts with your beliefs
a 31 day invigorating (and easily repeatable) structure that challenges you to commit to your own personal peace practice, remove blocks and take action to create the life you want.
What powerful revolution lies at your core?
BellyLove is a radical and affirmative action in today’s world. It just might be that loving your belly could change the world!
Deepen your practice of self-discovery & creativity
Throughout this course, Frida becomes the perfect reflection for you to see your self as deeply as she saw herself.
Besides the six main courses, there's also several other resources and support materials.
Webinar recordings about children's books and personal peace, support forum, anthology submission opportunities, mini-courses and other extras.